We have watched in horror the brutal killings of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor under the backdrop of a global pandemic that is disproportionately impacting Black and Brown lives.
We know that silence is complicit agreement, and we are compelled to speak against these heinous acts and ongoing tragedies.
Since our opening, Bonacquisti Wine Company has strived to create a business that supports a life enriched by wine and music that is based on community and inclusivity. We do not tolerate racism or racist acts, and we stand with our brothers and sisters who protest in pursuit of a more just world. Our actions cannot replace lives lost but we cannot sit idly by. We commit to:
- Listening to minoritized communities to understand how we can create a more inclusive environment. Click here to let us know.
- Donating to scholarships that support the college dreams of those who have been traditionally marginalized in their college-going experiences, with a renewed focus on African Americans.
- Expanding our collaborations with non-profits that support the advancement of minoritized communities and anti-racist agendas.
- Continued hiring of staff, musicians and food vendors who represent the beauty of our diverse, Denver community.
- Investigating our supply chains and understanding where and how we can make change.
We are not perfect. We understand that the tragedies we are experiencing today are the result of systemic oppressions of the past. Where we will be tomorrow depends on what we do today. We must do better today.
Paul and Judi Bonacquisti